Student Learning Outcomes
Upon satisfactory completion of Microbiology, students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the central metabolic pathways used by biological organisms.
- demonstrate an awareness of the diversity of life, the evolutionary processes which result in that diversity, as well as the evolutionary relationships and ecological linkages of living organisms.
- communicate biological scientific understanding effectively with individuals.
- demonstrate an understanding and appreciate the role of biological science in modern society.
- use microbiological laboratory techniques used within modern research to effectively isolate individual pathogens.